วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 28 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2551

Corvette: The Real Thing

Author : David Atkin
This is for you, all of you Corvette non-believers and nay Sayers, I decided to run a dyno test on an engine set up to the exact specs of an L88 Corvette engine, and rather you choose to believe it or not, with some minor tuning on the timing and advance curve, I got the L88 engine to do 614 HP and 585 FTLB of torque, I dare you to find another engine from that time era that could beat that down.There is no doubt that I'm a Corvette lover, and you already know that I love Camaro's, so it should came as no surprise that I'm a Chevy man, but I love all American cars, it doesn't matter who built them, as long as they have a bit of power, and some style built in to them, I love them, but I do get just a bit sick of the Chevy nay Sayers.To this date, with all the research I do on muscle cars, I still have not been able to find that so called Ford, or Mopar that will just crush the L88 Corvette or yet another step up the ZL1 Camaro or Corvette, I'm not going to say that it doesn't exist, it's just that I can't find it, being as how the L88 427 pusher the Corvette well in to the 11 second ¼ mile times, and the ZL1 427 pushed the Camaro and the Corvette to a 10.06 best time in the ¼ mile, and that is with no mods to the engine, and running open headers and slicks, and of course a fine tuning of the engine.I challenge you to locate a car that just beats those ¼ mile times in to the ground, and send me the info, I will be glad to do an article on any car that you want, as long as it just dose that on little thing that I ask, and that would mean that it has to beat a 10.06 ¼ mile run, not easy for a street car EH? And these are documented ¼ mile times, I didn't make not a one of them up, I can back them all up with the facts to prove it.
Auto Shop Alliance
Project Cars For Sale
Classic Car Auctions
I've been in the automotive business for about 20 or 25 years, I have worked in all facets of the industry, from parts to restoration, all different makes and models, I just want to keep people interested in the old cars because it's where my heart is.
Keyword : corvette, muscle cars, muscle car information, muscle car restoration

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: